Pages

  • Home

10.7.13

Cumbrian Sunsets: (5) Days of Summer

Day-trip to Barrow-in-Furness, UK

So I've been back in Cumbria for the past week for work experience and, come Sunday morning, my Duke of Edinburgh Gold expedition in Ireland [sobs].

Having to waste spend a few weeks in the country in the summertime has its ups and downs; I'm more familiar with the downs: insects, salty air, cobblestones, the yoyo-ing between excessive rain and extreme heat, and lots of greenery... everywhere. I am not a country girl. I like my noise and exhaust fumes, thank you.

However, one of the countryside ups made itself very well known on a day trip to Barrow-in-Furness last Friday: it is just plain gorgeous.

Day trip to Barrow-in-Furness, UK

Being the queen of "selfies", it would have been all too easy to just pop on a few outfits and head outside to take a few snaps... of me swatting away insects violently and generally having my usual "Oh, my God, I can't see them but I know they're crawling all over me" meltdown whenever I'm not surrounded by concrete and drywall.

But instead, I went back behind the camera where I belong and asked a few of my friends to model a few of their summer Outfits of the Day (OOTDs) over the course of five days out in the sun shine. The photo shoots were majorly amateur-ish with lots of goofing around and a few BINTM-like poses for good measure, but the girls looked absolutely amazing, the sun was finally out and we had tons of fun.

Hope you guys enjoy reading the posts and have a brilliant summer!

WARNING: The posts in this series will most likely involve a lot of scrolling due to the size of the pictures, but bear with me :)


Facebook Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+


All photos were taken by Karina So. See the Disclaimer for the image use policy.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I am so excited to see more of this series! Takes me back to a time when I was able to wake up, look out of my window and see miles of green-ness...

    Those were the days lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loool I'll GLADLY trade you! :D

    Thanks for the support :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig