Pages

  • Home

2.8.13

Cumbrian Sunsets Day Five: Lakeside Finale

Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale

So we're back on schedule with the final instalment of the Cumbrian Sunsets series. Or mini-series, I should say. It was after this shoot that I said my tearful goodbyes to the girls and the boarding school I had called home (I tell a lie; it was referred to as either "hell" or "the state penitentiary") for the past two years. Well, I say "tearful" but with Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, BBM, is goodbye really goodbye any more?

And as for my old school... as the massive brownstone faded away in the rearview mirror, I heaved a heavy sigh for the days spent taking the crowded bus to school, being surrounded by my peers at every waking moment spent on the other side of my bedroom door, eating 'tea' at 5pm, the salt-less meals, having weekly room inspections and lights-out at 10pm (11.30 on weekends), sneaking out past lights-out to watch movies in the corridor on whoever had the laptop with the longest extension cable, the random "fire drills" because people kept setting the alarm of "by mistake", the juicy sexcapade stories... those day were finally behind me. 'Old school', no other words have ever felt so sweet...

Can I get a hallelujah??

After randomly hopping onto a school minibus that was to take us all to a "mystery location" (the staff at my school are a bit quirky like that), we ended up at Finsthwaite's High Dam. Naturally, I was less than pleased. I knew the trip was going to be water-based but I was hoping it was going to be a swimming pool where certain factors (like drowning) are better controlled.

As you can probably tell, I don't like water. Probably contributed to my inability to meshing with the Lake District. I hate ferries (thank you, Grey's Anatomy Season Three Episode Fifteen, although I wasn't much of a fan before that either, to be fair. Submarines are cool though.... from the outside), I can't swim (took several lessons, never got past the armbands bit) and I don't do swimwear. This sparked an interesting conversation about bikinis versus underwear that day actually. I was, of course, Switzerland because I personally don't plan on anyone seeing me in either for a long-ass time.

But I'm babbling now. I hope you enjoy the post as much as we did doing it! There were a few wardrobe malfunctions (bikini bottoms are tricky little things...oh, how we laughed) and a bit of hassle over the blow-up canoe that was brought along, but we made it through.

Thank you for reading! xo

Aramide

Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale

Dress - Forever 21 (similar here) | Sandals - Primark (similar here) | Bag - Primark | Glasses - thrifted

Amara & Fayo


Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale
Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale

Amara
Bikini set - JD Sports (similar here and here) | Shorts - Forever 21 | Tank top - Primark | Slippers - Primark

Fayo
Swimsuit - BHS (similar here) | Dress - H&M (similar here) | Necklace: thrifted in Spain




Credits

Models - AmaraAramide and Fayo
Wardrobe - Amara, Aramide and Fayo
                                                    Photography - Me
                                                    Make-up - Fayo

Candid Collage

Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale


Special Candid Collage: Amara's "Black Girl" Problems

Cumbrian Sunsets Day 5 - Lakeside Finale




All photos were taken by Karina So. See the Disclaimer for the image use policy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig