Pages

  • Home

16.8.13

My Summer Essential #10 - The Flip-Flop Flu


Source: Havaianas Brasil flip-flops at Office; iPanema flip-flops at iPanema UK

I always borrow Mama Chaos' sandals and slippers because it seems like the cheaper route, especially considering I'm in the UK most of the time and I never wear them here because I'm always cold. You'd think I'd have adjusted or something by now.

But no.

Winter's the worst...but it's still my favourite time of the year.

It's pretty hot this summer though, which is very weird. In spring, people had already started to get pretty darn excited when temperatures rose to 16-18°C. And I just looked at them like, "That's the temperature I'd set my air-con to back in Nigeria, dude. Go put on some clothes."

But now here I am, actually whining about the heat along with them, even now with the crisp pre-fall air. Madness. Anyway, thanks to global warming, I have decided to stock up on some rubber flip-flops which are ubiquitous back in Nigeria. Ironically though, I can't seem to find any pictures of them on Google.

They're hella cheap (less than fifty pence), colloquially referred to as "bathroom slippers" because that's where people usually wear them. However, I plan to buy enough so I'm able to put them up on a shelf in rainbow formation. I've currently only got the blue ones now because, aside from black, blue's my favourite colour. The blue flip-flops make me feel like I'm walking in water...you know, without any impending tidal waves threatening to pull me under or disgusting fishy creatures being all slimy and gross.

Anyway, thus concludes the mini-series! My suitcases (yes, plural...mission failed, guys) are more or less all zipped up and ready to go. I haven't weighed them yet though as the scales are faulty. Typical smh. I almost always end up taking my suitcases unweighed at the airport only to have to unload a few things there with a line of people behind me, waiting their turn rather impatiently. I never learn.

Once again, thanks for reading! :)



Share:

2 comments

  1. Fab tropical floral design!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Adele!

      Thanks for the comment! Heading over to your blog now; hope you have an awesome weekend too! :D

      Karina xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig