Pages

  • Home

20.8.13

NEW VIDEO: Wizkid X LAX - Caro

Wizkid X LAX - Caro | Ses Rêveries

Another Wizkid song? Why, yes. What can I say, I am obsessed. Sue me.

The only reason I'm doing a post about this though is because all Monday night, Wizkid blew up my Twitter timeline with tweet and retweet after tweet and retweet about this video. It took all my power to convince myself not to unfollow him just to make it stop. I have a half a mind to demand a follow back just because of that, but I'd rather not degrade myself to being ignored by another egotistical celebrity who never replies to their fans aside from the odd retweet here and there (Nicki Minaj, I will never forgive you for not replying to my tweet way back when I'd just joined Twitter and was still in the embarrassing 'social media noob' phase; never again).

Alright, it's most likely because they receive about billion tweets a day. But still. You could at least try. Or get an assistant to do it? We'll be none the wiser!

But back to the video. Wizkid collaborated with his newly-signed artiste LAX for Caro; I'd never heard about him before last night (I know, I'm so out of it) so I won't proceed to tell you about his entire discography like some people do whenever they hear the words "Kendrick Lamar," for instance.

Anywaaay, back to Wizkid. I won't go into too much detail about this Caro song. I mean, let's be real. If you're trying to find some kind of "deeper meaning" in Nigerian music, you will be grossly disappointed. Personally, I judge the songs by the production quality and the vibe I get when I listen to it, which is why, in my humble opinion, it's the producers and mixers who run the Nigerian music scene. The artistes just bring a bit more energy and life to it. But their words are not to be considered in depth; they are simply entertainers.

The video was directed by Mr Moe Musa, a British-Nigerian guy I used to adore because of his trained eye and attention to detail...until I watched May D's So Many Tinz video. I mean, really? Does the term 'copyright' not mean anything to anyone any more? And, no offence to the guys who worked on it but there were so many things wrong with that video besides the plot, I can't even lie.

I've been side-tracked again. I apologize.

As much as I genuinely like this song (Legendury Beatz = yes) I can't really see anything innovative about this visuals. It was basically a better rendition of May D's Gat Me High video (sorry, May D, I seem to be victimizing you in this one) or countless other videos about guys infatuated with the female form. It's a same-ol'-same-ol' kinda thing here.

Don't get me wrong though. My love for Wizkid and Star Boy Entertainment in general has not wavered one bit. I just expect more from these people... a lot more.

You can watch the video below, and if the embedded version doesn't work, try clicking here to be redirected to YouTube.



Facebook Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+ | Gallery


Photo source: BellaNaija.com
Share:

4 comments

  1. Hi, can you tell me what does caro mean? I am not African and I really do enjoy Nigerian musics, but not knowing the meaning of the name of the song is a pain. Thanks, great post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lola! I totally get what you mean about the language barrier; I can't speak Yoruba either. But as far as I can tell, "Caro" is a name; possibly short for Caroline but I could be wrong as I've never met anyone with that name. My point of reference is a song called Sister Caro by K-Switch and D'Banj. Hope that helps! And thank you btw :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a girl's name (most likely short for 'Caroline')...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig