Pages

  • Home

26.10.13

NEW MUSIC: Wizkid's 'On Top Your Matter'

[Source]

After dropping the year-old track he recorded with Wale two days ago, Wizkid hit us again yesterday with On Top Your Matter. The song was produced by Del'B and reminds me a bit of KCee's Pull Over which was also produced by Del'B. I'm seriously digging Wizkid's transition from commercial Afropop to Afrobeats in the the more traditional sense.

I feel this song will quickly make its way to Tosin Martin's Olomi status as far as Nigerian wedding songs are concerned. I can see it now: the sea of jovial people in Ankara, Aso Oke and the like; the bride and groom in the middle of the dance floor getting lost in the music; the women in Aso Ebi being sprayed thousands of Naira, which I have decided to pick up off the floor whilst they do their thang and aptly transfer into my purse from now on... for safe-keeping, of course...

Man, I miss Nigerian weddings [sigh]. Not that I like them when I have to go to them, but the food definitely makes up for it. Ah, free food, one of the many joys of life...

Anyway, check out the track below or click here to listen to it on YouTube.

Happy listening!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig