Pages

  • Home

10.11.13

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas...

[Source]

I know I have been M.I.A. this week but I come bearing gifts... of the audio/visual kind.

I am not one to go ga-ga for Christmas adverts. I really don't get adverts in general. They don't do much for me other than provide me with the opportunity to practise my acting/singing/trivia skills by mouthing the words, singing along or just yelling the name of the brand/show before the name comes up.

However, I can't deny the cuteness factor of John Lewis' ad last year with the snowman and Gabrielle Aplin's vocals. I still haven't seen this year's one on TV yet, and I didn't believe my life was quite sad enough for me to actually start searching for adverts on YouTube... until of course, I saw Marks and Spencer's Wonderland-esque one last night.

I was just about to get up for a midnight pizza (don't judge me) when David Gandy came into view. I don't think I need to say more about that, lest this turn into yet another fan-girl post; that is what Tumblr is for.

Now the magic and sparkle (M&S, you clever clogs) of Christmas is well and truly in the air... or at least a whiff of it.

I missed the Christmas Lights Switch-On on Thursday because I thought sleep was more important than a twenty-minute trek in the cold, and with my bad luck streak and the distinct lack of snow, I just have not been feeling Christmassy at all this year.

I have no Christmas list (yet... I may not be feeling Christmas, but I would never deny myself the pleasures of receiving carefully selected gifts), no quirky themed jumpers or socks, zero motivation to hit up any Christmas markets and, worst of all, absolutely no plans for the holidays besides maybe getting a temp job.

The only thing I've got going for me is that come January, I better be ready to get no less than ninety percent on my exams or I will be the queen of all sourpusses ever. How sad is that?

But at least with David Gandy's cheeky Mad Hatter grin, the plethora of fake snow and the stench of retail war brewing in the air, Marks & Spencer's have definitely helped wake me up to the fact that the twenty-fifth of December is upon us.

I think it's time I hit up YouTube for that John Lewis advert... and maybe got cracking on some Christmas shopping.

Meanwhile, here's the M&S ad for those of you who haven't seen it yet or just want to re-watch it again and again in the hopes that if you keep watching it, you may suddenly be apparated from your desk and into Gandy's arms like some of us may or may not be guilty of.

Happy holidays in advance!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig