Pages

  • Home

12.11.13

NEW MUSIC: Kenna X Childish Gambino - Relations [Remix]

[Source]

Here's another track featuring the man with a special place in my heart, Donald Glover. If my love was a bookcase, he'd have his own shelf. If it was a cruise ship, he'd have his own deck; no sharesies. If it was a department store, he'd have his own floor complete with a personal shopper service and free champagne.

OK, I'll stop now.

With his sophomore album Because the Internet about to drop, Donald is not holding anything back with his guest appearances. Good Lord does he know how to deliver! His quickfire punchlines over the catchy electronic/retro instrumental produced by Chad Hugo (yes, from N.E.R.D. and the Neptunes) is the perfect accompaniment to Kenna's rather husky, mesmeric vocals.

And can I just point out how unbelievably perfect the artwork for this single is? Psychedelic colours are exactly what I think of when I listen to this, like I'm in a virtual kaleidoscope, hazing in and out of focus. I get transported to such a happy place when I listen to this, guys, you have no idea.

I'd surprisingly never heard of Kenna before tonight but I shall definitely be hitting up his SoundCloud profile. The original song, Relations (An Ode to You & Me) first appeared on the Ethiopian-American artiste's Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide (Chapter 1) EP.

Chapter 2 is set to drop in a few weeks but in the meantime, feast your ears on the beauty below. You can download it on Kenna's SoundCloud profile, or buy it on iTunes to support these talented young men.

Happy listening!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig