Pages

  • Home

12.11.13

NEW VIDEO: Iyanya - Le Kwa Ukwu

[Source]

It's the latest video from the guy who surprisingly has his shirt on for all of this video.

I haven't decided if I like Iyanya as an artiste yet. It's been a roller-coaster ride with him since I first heard about him after he won whatever contest it was my friends couldn't stop talking about back at school in Nigeria God knows how many years ago...

Actually that might not even be him, y'know?

Whatever. I do really like this DJ Coublon-produced song though! Took me a while to hit play, I won't lie because he was in my good books when this song was released and I wanted to give him a few more days just in case this song make me dislike him again. But hurrah, it didn't! Kudos, Iyanya! We'll get there one day, dude.

The visuals for this song were shot in London (insert headache-inducing eye-roll here) and they were quite surprising actually in that they weren't surprising. Everything was so on point, for lack of a better term, but it was still just another one of the same thing. Maybe it's just me, I find love a rather tired topic. Future's Real & True with Miley Cyrus and Mr Hudson literally makes my stomach churn. If you're like me and you haven't listened to it, don't! This is like when Rosalie voted against Bella becoming a vampire in New Moon (still haven't watched that movie, actually...) I can't even bring myself to watch the video smh.

Back to the video!

That vintage car though... that realistically would not belong to a love-struck waiter... unless he was driving her car... or worse, he decided to shirk his valet duties as well as his waiter duties and steal another diner's car... which would be kinda sad... not to mention illegal... or maybe he's secretly a millionaire and he owned the restaurant but he waited on people to give his life some normalcy... or maybe he was undercover!

I think I'm over-thinking this. Let's just agree to ignore that little glitch because it is a gorgeous car.

The video was directed by Sesan Ogunro, the man who's going to be directing the video of my wedding to J. Cole... and Ryan Gosling and Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston and Kendrick Lamar and Wizkid etc etc etc.

I wonder if I'll have Vera Wang design all my dresses or switch it up a bit...

Anyway I'm digressing again.

I'll just let you watch it then (click here if the embedded version doesn't work). The only question I have is: who is that dancer from the beginning? And I know y'all know exactly which guy I'm talking about so hit me up if you know his Twitter/IG handle asap #Shameless lol




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig