Pages

  • Home

18.11.13

NEW VIDEO: Rihanna - What Now

[Source]

This post is going to be short and sweet just like me (and this is funny because I am about 5' 7'' and possibly the furthest thing from "sweet").

The What Now visuals were directed by Darren Craig, Jonathan CravenJeff Nicholas from the Uprising Creative. As much as I love the whole artsy "loneliness is when your demons consume you " type thing that was going on, I can't help but feel that it's just a prettier, more sophisticated version of the Disturbia video. There are also a few things that remind me of Stay and Russian Roulette. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if it was done knowingly; it's just how I feel.

I think I would have done some things a little differently though. But it's just little things, like I wouldn't have had Rihanna stare in the camera as much during her close-ups; instead of the cut-out dresses, I would've gone with tights and a leotard or a figure-hugging bodysuit because I feel that would have conveyed what I assume she was feeling, vulnerable and over-exposed, a little better, borrowing from the 'broken fragility' of ballerinas; that harness was probably not necessary, etc etc.

But this is just personal preference.

I still think they did an amazing job. The monochrome for example, was definitely a good choice, very Goth chic. And they got her from all the right angles (she really is stunning, isn't she?). The spastic twitching definitely gave it the video its eerie vibe. Overall, the whole thing was beautifully simplistic.

You can check out the video below and decide for yourself, or click here to be redirected to YouTube.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig