Pages

  • Home

8.12.13

NEW VIDEO: Jesse Jagz X Wizkid - Bad Girl

[Source]

So last night, I found a teaser clip to Jesse Jagz' Bad Girl video. Jesse's a pretty big deal back in Nigeria because his music is just sensational. It's hit after hit after hit with him. Typically, I got all excited and planned to post about it right away... until I saw his new "look". Then I was like, "Nah, bruh, I don't have the energy for this."

I mean, really, what is this? Lupe Fiasco debuted his dreads, what, last year? I'm only just warming up to it. Give me a break now, Jagz; please. His only saving grace is that (I pray) those are extensions which means he can take them out whenever he likes... the sooner, the better [hint-hint]. I'm not even hinting, take them out now.

Anyway, this is not why we're here. Bad hair choices aside, I quite like this. This visuals are quite dark and slow-paced which was perfect for the track in my opinion. The girl grinding on Wizkid needed a chill pill at one or two bits, but it wasn't unbearable. I'm in no position to talk though; even my dreams won't permit me to think I can dance like that. Overall, the director, MEX from Pixel Chaos did a great job. The concept was in no way original, but it wasn't painfully cliched either.

Wizkid... I needn't gush over him for I have done it countless times before. At this point, I think I would only think bad of Wizkid if he insulted me directly. Even then, after expending my vocabulary on my witty retorts, I would eventually convince myself it was his inebriation talking. Forgive and forget, non? It does make you wonder what it is about him though; because I have never met any Nigerian who doesn't know him and love him completely.

That being said, I did have one problem with him. Well, not him but his hook. It's a problem I've had for a while now: 'Baby girl, call me jailer 'cause I'm a prisoner of love'... But I thought he was the jailer? Or have I gotten the lyrics wrong?

Check out the video below, or click here to be redirected to YouTube if the embedded version doesn't work. As usual, happy viewing!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig