Pages

  • Home

28.1.14

MUSIC THROWBACK: The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian

[Source]
I mentioned this song about a week ago in my Wild Cherry post so I thought I'd give it some blog-time, especially considering I'm trying to broaden the range of genres I talk about on here. It doesn't feel fair not to share some my non-hip hop/Afrobeats favourites with you guys. I just might not be as up-to-date with them, because it's hard enough trying to stay on top of relevant Nigerian music, and American hip-hop. I suppose I now understand why most music blogs only write a few lines per song.

But let's crack on with the Bangles.

I didn't understand anything else that was said in this song when I first heard this nor did I care at the time. As far as I was concerned, the hook was the only part that mattered! My Egyptian walk was awesome. Unparalleled, some might even say. 'Legendary' is usually the general consensus.

I'm still not sure if I get what this song is about, but it hasn't hindered my appreciation. I always wanted to be in a girl band. Of course my voice sembles that of a frog's croaking and I haven't touched a piano in nearly a year. My only other musical skill is the ability to play Mary Had A Little Lamb on the recorder from way back in primary school, so the band thing isn't very likely. But one can always pretend to be the newest member of the Bangles with a bit of air-guitar.

So back-comb your hair, put on your Pharaoh headdress and check out Walk Like An Egyptian below via YouTube.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig