Pages

  • Home

24.1.14

MUSIC THROWBACK: Cameo - Candy

[Source]
The eighties, whoo!


Yet another song I can't remember hearing for the first time. Probably at one of the massive parties my parents used to drag us to back when we were too young to have a choice.

I can't say I don't miss those days, man. Being dragged onto the dance floor by your aunts and uncles, and frontin' like cray as they try to get you to 'get down' with them. But of course you couldn't just start dancing right away. No, no, you had to be tactical. You had to wait for them to beg you for a littlle bit first because that way, the hands dropping the money over your head would be substantially more forthcoming. Or am I the only one who played her relatives like that?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, this article explains the stereotypical Nigerian's over-the-top party habits quite well.

Anyway, there aren't many people who can say they've never heard Candy before so I'll just let you guys enjoy this via YouTube. If this is the first time you're hearing it though, it really is the bomb [dot] com isn't it?

You're welcome.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig