Pages

  • Home

31.1.14

NEW VIDEO: Shakira X Rihanna - Can't Remember to Forget You [Updated]

[Source]

Sorry for the delay, guys! I know I said I'd do it on Friday but I've been so busy with school work, even my weekends are being taken up [sad face].


Just decided to let you guys watch it on here whilst I hit the books. I'll update this with the full review in the late afternoon. The visuals were directed by Joseph Kahn and features a lot of hair flips and glamour shots. Enjoy!

Jumping right into it, I'm not going to lie, I could barely get through this on Friday. It just lacked substance and I got a bored really quickly. I found the comments on YouTube a lot more scintillating.

There was zero plot to this, in my opinion. Unless you count scantily-clad bodies writhing around on walls and beds a "plot." It was basically Beautiful Liar all over again, only less empowering and more Miley Cyrus.

I know Shakira's videos are along these lines most of the time, and this is basically Rihanna's steeze which I usually pay no mind to because I love her (and I love her closet even more), but I still expected a bit more from a collaboration between such prominent women in the music industry.

And for a song about guys they can't seem to forget, the Y-chromosome was distinctly nonexistent in this video - which was directed by Joseph Kahn. And what was with the dancing on the walls? I really don't see the significance of any of it, to be perfectly honest. When I listen to this song and absorb the lyrics, this is not the picture I paint. Seriously, what happened to the good old days where songs and their videos were an intelligible blend of impressive artistry?

On the upside, the decor of the house they were in was pretty cool. I particularly liked the bird mural. Rihanna's weave was really nice too. I've never had one; I think they'll be too much work for me.

If you haven't already, check out the viral video via YouTube below and let me know what you think.

Happy viewing!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig