Pages

  • Home

10.2.14

Favourites: New York Fashion Week | February 5



Josie Natori



There were quite a few Gothic themes this year, but I think Natori's use of 40's headscarves is just darling. I'll definitely be borrowing that for myself. Overall, the pieces in this collection were quite traditional - very 'Russian Morticia Adams'. And who doesn't love Tish?

For more Josie Natori, click here.

Lisa Perry



I really like this Lisa Perry palette - strong jewel tones and metallics are just the things to brighten up the otherwise dull weather we can definitely expect this fall. It also emphasized the collection's sixties vibe Austin Powers-style. The geometric pattern on the walls emphasized the structural aspect of this collection making shapes the focal point. I'm not sure if that black dress was actually a skirt but I too have been found guilty of such makeshift styling; I love its unconventionality.

For more Lisa Perry, click here.

M. Patmos



Sneakers and luxury brands. Need I say more?
Alright, I shall. Most of the pieces were pretty basic separates which, to be honest, I loved. I loved her use of fur as well - always a delight - but it was the undone sophistication of the boy-meets-girl styling that sold it for me.

For more M. Patmos, click here.

Organic by John Patrick



The typical winter palette strikes again. This time however, it's less 'Winter Wonderland' and more 'Astro Girl' with metallic footwear, solid muted colours and the boiler suits that were reminiscent of flight suits, although they were a bit more Top Gun than Gravity. The collection was all the way on this side of demure, as opposed to the more provocative collections like Tocca and Juan Carlos Obando. Patrick's sheer jumper was a favourite as well as the grey sleeveless cardigan even though it did make the model look a little frumpy - even with the belt. The boiler suit is most definitely going on my wish list too.

For more Organic by John Patrick, click here.

Rachel Comey



Fantastic use of prints here! It was simple, easy chic. I particularly loved the leopard print culottes and all the two-piece sets. Co-ords for the win! The print leggings under midi dresses was another winner for me. The cocoon coats and box-cut tops and dresses were also aesthetically pleasing as they offset the femininity of the prints really well.

For more Rachel Comey, click here.

Rachel Roy



Roy was probably one of my favourites this season. The stark contrast between the black accents and the sharp, opalescent reds, blues and purples was just mouth-watering! The pieces were sophisticated and feminine, but edgy. Thigh-high slits and plunging V-necks on floral print pieces over what appears to be Chantilly lace separates: perfection.

For more Rachel Roy, click here.

Schumacher



I wasn't blown away by this collection which is a difficult thing for me to say because I quite like Schumacher. However, the sheer skirts were a nice touch and the coats were definitely covetable. The heavy use of layering was interesting, but I wasn't feeling the texture mixing this time.

For more Schumacher, click here.

Thakoon Addition



I love the sexy androgyny of Panichgul's Addition collection. It was reminiscent of Tilda Swinton, and I just adore that woman. As much as I feel the entire collection is very 'me', I don't think I'll be risking the plunging necklines and sans-shirt thing. The styling was interesting though, a bit dishevelled and nonchalant. The layered shirts and knits are always a welcome sight for me because I am one of those people who's always cold unless it's twenty-two degrees and rising. Layering is my best friend.

For more Thakoon Addition, click here.

Tia Cibani



I am one hundred percent down with the solid Turkish earthiness that inspired this collection. Mustards, reds and turbans, yes please! I don't really like trends but I'm slightly obsessed with the skirt-over-trousers thing so I'm half-pleased it's still going to carry over to the colder months, and half-annoyed because everyone's going to be doing it. It's like co-ords all over again. You go from look chic to looking like a sheep, lost in the herd. It is far more rewarding to be unfashionable these days.

For more Tia Cibani, click here.

Veronica Beard



I absolutely loved the edgy boho vibe the Beards sisters-in-law went with this season. The collection features solid colours mixed with safari prints and camouflage, leather and neoprene with bright closed toe heels. Just like the models' side-swept hair, the collection wasn't over-the-top or gaudy, it was very wearable. The wide leg gauchos were cute too.

For more Veronica Beard, click here.

VFiles



It's only their second running but I think it's safe to say that I love the VFiles shows and everything they stand for. ASSK, Melitta Baumeister and Hyein Seo were the picks for this season. I just love how modern each piece is, with some being quite experimental and others more urban and "wearable". Baumister's structured dresses and Seo's Antwerp-chic pieces were my favourites.

For more VFiles, click here.

ZAC Zac Posen



More Goth chic, but with an infusion of sharp, icy colours. Surprisingly, I warmed up to the cropped sleeve quite quickly. After feet, elbows are least my favourite body part. No idea why...
Anyway, it seems cravats are back. After ripping him for still owning one, I shall be stealing my dad's maroon one as soon as I get back home because there's something very Parisian about scarves and cravats. I'm also loving the combination of the leather and tartan trends from A/W 2013 to make those stand-out pieces, the skirt being my favourite.

For more ZAC Zac Posen, click here.

Photo Credits: VOGUE




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig