Pages

  • Home

23.2.14

NEW VIDEO: Dr SID - Kilon Wa

[Source]

'Random' is the word that comes to mind when I watch this.

First off, I have to say Kilon Wa is an absolute jam. Dr SID really is quite the versatile act. And the producer, Altims went HAM on this. But alas, we're not here to talk about the Afrobeats-awesomeness that is Kilon Wa. We're here to talk about the visuals. It had very little to do with the subject matter but, in a very rare occurrence, upcoming director Daniel Ugo somehow managed to make it work - at least I think so.

The dancers were a nice touch. I did have a few issues with the ballerina. Her posture left a lot to desired and her pirouette was amusing at best. To be fair though, her moves were more contemporary than ballet, and she's quite good at it as well. But you know what they say: "if the tutu fits, wear it and call it ballet."

I'm quite impressed that a high-ranking artiste like SID took my advice (yes, I am taking credit for this) and sourced young talent from the younger generation he is undoubtedly targeting to breathe new life into his videos. It's risky, but it is about time the young'uns got to show the older industry hogs what they're made of. Daniel Ugo has since been asked to shoot two more videos for Dr SID so congratulations are in order. Mad props to Duks Arts as well for the editing and SFX. It definitely made the video that much better.

The guy in the green plaid shirt; I got the feeling we're supposed to know who he is, which is a shame because I haven't the faintest clue. But he's cute so he's got that going for him. The girl in the thigh-high boots and leather jacket was another stand-out addition: kilode with the helmet, babes? I didn't get that bit but everything else went down quite well.

Check out the visuals for Kilon Wa via YouTube below and let me know what you think. It's also available to download for free via Ace World here.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig