Pages

  • Home

3.2.14

NEW VIDEO: Kylie Minogue - Into The Blue

[Source]

Ask and ye shall receive.
After the glamorous flop that was the Can't Remember to Forget You video, Kylie's latest offering, the visuals for her album's lead single Into the Blue, has been met with open arms here: a video with a story...

I don't listen to her music often, but I feel this was beautifully shot. It was quite French (which has come at an opportune time for me personally because I've been having a "Paris je t'aime" moment for quite some time); sensual, cliched, tortuous... I do think it would have been even more effect if it was all in black and white, but the sparkly, golden party scenes were still a welcome nod to the jazz age, very Fitzgerald...

Everyone has a thing for French actors, true story. I was unsurprisingly engaged by Clément Sibony's character up until we find out why he was running in the beginning. Watching it, you sort of figure out what direction they're heading, but the actual execution felt like a bit of an anti-climax to me. Still as corny, not as dramatically effective.

Minogue and the video director, Dawn Shadforth have a history working together (Chocolate, In Your Eyes, Can't Get You Out Of My Head), so it was refreshing to see that they could still do something a little bit different.

It's not often you get to watch videos that aren't set in clubs or unnecessarily lacking in plot these days, so it's a hearty thumbs-up from me. Check out the visuals below and as usual, let me know what you think.

Kylie Minogue's album, Kiss Me Once is out March 17th.

Happy viewing!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig