Pages

  • Home

25.2.14

The SS14 Edit: Prints and Patterns


Depending on my mood, these are a few of the prints and patterns I'll be leaning towards come the new season.

I don't think tartan's going anywhere next season (correct me, if I'm wrong, trendy people) but even if it is, I will quite happily look "last season" if I can do it looking as good as this!



My old uniform involved a red gingham shirt which was, for lack of a better word, horrid. I cringe every time people ask what secondary school I went to in Nigeria because of the possibility that they might discover what I had to wear for six years. However, after two years and a bit of uniform-less academia, the aversion is lessening. I'm currently obsessing over the 1940's as well, so a gingham dress à la Katherine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story is definitely in order... maybe without all those layers (check out a picture of it here). Maybe.

Breton stripes are eternal. 'Nuff said.

Floral print and spring are basically synonymous, but the digitizing and oil painting fabrics makes the 'trend' look a heck of a lot more modern. Check out this neoprene Warehouse skirt and this ASOS t-shirt dress!

I fell in love with this Paul & Joe leaf print dress and the botanical prints at the "jungle fever"-inspired Hermés show at Paris Fashion Week, so I've been looking out or things with leaves on them. These leaf print Topshop trousers just might do the trick.

It is no secret: Cavalli is the king of animal print. My 2014 inspiration comes from the Just Cavalli Pre-Spring show which screamed "fierce!"

One of my favourite fashion bloggers, Fisayo Longe did a post featuring this gorgeous asymmetric houndstooth Chicwish skirt which I considered copping too until I eyed the length; tights do nothing for m and I am no position to let my legs freeze so I bid it farewell. Houndstooth is such a wardrobe staple though - especially coats like this Zara one and this Theory one make me think I might be tempted to act out scenes from 101 Dalmations as Cruella de Vil if I owned one ("you're fired, you're finished, you'll never work in fashion again!").

Polka dots are trés Taylor Swift, very feminine which I find I am starting to warm up to. Ironically the fashionistas have decided to continue invade my 'androgynous tomboy' territory this season with the 'sports luxe' trend. It only makes sense that we swap, I suppose.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig