Pages

  • Home

20.3.14

NEW MUSIC: Chance the Rapper X James Blake - Save Yourself First


Check out an outtake from Chance the Rapper and James Blake's Life Round Here, being dubbed the Social Experiment version; the product of Chance, James and Peter Cottontale's combined efforts.

It features a new verse which was taken off the original mix, most likely because, as Chance stated, James never liked it. Heavily synthesized, Chance flexes his vocalizing skills with his unique pubescent-sounding, tousled warble, but as brilliant as this version is, a small part of you - no matter how much you try to repress it - prefers that this is a separate release because it just does not belong on the original mix. I'm hoping someone tries to mix the two together to prove it. I'd do it myself, but I've had to uninstall my copy of Mixxx to make way for more important things like MATLAB... and my Sims 3 expansion packs. It was a tough call; my laughable attempt at being the next Bip Ling, or my Sims family that's four generations in already... But a choice had to be made.

Anyway, check out Save Yourself First via Sound Cloud below and let me know what you think.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig