Pages

  • Home

9.4.14

NEW MUSIC: Future X Kanye West - I Won


I'm torn with Future's latest offering featuring Kanye West.

On the one hand, I despise the idea of women being referred to as "trophies" in general - and the cover art and the predictable focus on their better halves' behinds does not help. But on the other hand, in an interview with Pitchfork, Future explains that he wants to empower women to treat themselves as trophies. It earned itself an eye roll from me, but one can't deny the intention (or a rather convenient explanation) is... cute.

But when it comes down to it, nothing about this song besides the Metro Boom production appears to be my cup of tea. The approach to what could have been a pretty standout track on Future's Honest album was juvenile, superficial, banal, and the lyrical content was greatly lacking in depth. But I personally found it very difficult to pay attention to this (add bland to my list above) so perhaps I missed something? Please, by all means, check it out via Audiomack and let me know what you think about it.

Honest drops April 22.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig