Pages

  • Home

24.4.14

THROWBACK THURSDAY: The First Edition - Just Dropped In


Made it just in time for #TBT! Y'all thought I forgot, didn't you? This relationship can't work without trust, guys...

Just Dropped In was first released in 1968 (but it was first recorded in 1967 by a completely different person who didn't much like it but you don't care so, yeah) by the First Edition, and then Kenny Rogers rerecorded it in the 70's. But of course it took the kick-ass movie The Big Lebowski to bring it to my attention.

Speaking of the Coen brothers, who else is completely obsessed with the Fargo miniseries? I'll admit, Martin Freeman was the main reason I stayed up late to catch it on TV instead of just 4OD-ing it, but it is the bomb dot com. Billy Bob Thornton has always scared me a little bit tbh; no one is that good at pretend-murder. But back to the The Big Lebowski, I won't ruin it for you but obviously anything with Jeff Bridges is a win. Except RIPD; not even Ryan "the Body" Reynolds could save that one.

Anyway, I'm not a major Kenny Rogers fan. Never have been and, since my mum bought a compilation of his greatest hits during a very boring summer nearly a decade ago, I never will be. It's always a safe assumption that the parentals have horrible taste in music. That being said, this psychedelic song makes me smile every time I hear it, so I suppose it is one of the exceptions.

Check out Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) via YouTube and let me know what you think.



PS - I love Kenny's beard. I'd say I generally prefer the clean-shaven look. Anything past the five o'clock stubble and I am literally unable to look at anything else but the little animal sitting on your face.
Raillery ensues in full force, and it will remain a recurring conversation segue until it's gone. "Movember" is one of my life's greatest pleasures. But some guys do wear it quite well. Kenny is one of them.

Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig