Pages

  • Home

10.4.14

#THROWBACKTHURSDAY: Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers - Why Do Fools Fall in Love

Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers - Why Do Fools Fall in Love | Ses Rêveries

I'm limiting the throwbacks to Thursdays now because I'm a sucker for the hashtag (being an Instagram whore and all) and this way, I'll hopefully post them every week rather than every now and then. Entropy, my ass; order is where it's at.

Did anyone else watch the Why Do Fools Fall in Love? movie? I did and I absolutely loved it! This was by far my favourite song from the film. To this very day, I still find myself humming the "ooh-aah, ooh-aah" bit and I've only watched this film once, way back in 1999 when I was but a chipper four-year-old, and up until last Thursday, I don't remember ever hearing this song anywhere but in my head either. So I think I can say with absolute certainty that unless we are the definition of polar opposites, you will love this too.

As it turns out, I still remember the words to the bit that was featured in the film, so I have now chosen it as my designated karaoke songs should I ever be forced to engage in the tortuous act because, even though my own name escapes me whenever I have to get up in front of people, I doubt I'll ever forget this now. This is probably the closest thing I've come to having a favourite song so it will have to wear the crown over the next few minutes until I start over-thinking it again and return to drowning in my indecisiveness.

I can't remember if I was just really easy to impress as a child (I was still on the Barney wave then, mind you) or if the movie is actually as awesome as I remember it but if you haven't watched it, I seriously suggest you do. It was the film that made me go up to my mum a few years later and insist I was actually adopted because Halle Berry was my real mother and she was going to come and get me someday (aww, memories :') ).

I found this clip of the Teenager's performance on the Frankie Laine show in 1956 and just about fell in love with the real Frankie Lymon myself. I won't ruin it for you so just check it out below and let me know what you think.



Facebook Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+ | Gallery


Photo source: AfricanaAfrica.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig