Pages

  • Home

2.5.14

NEW VIDEO: Lola Rae X Iyanya - Fi Mi Le


Here's another post on the same day I said I'd stop writing, but I'll keep this one brief.

Blanck Digital's second issue cover girl, Lola Rae's latest video exhibits the struggle just about every young Nigerian woman (I'd say extend it to every African girl, but that would be a little too presumptuoua) has experienced at least once in her life. Of course, it always helps when, instead of looking as gorgeous as Lola Rae, you have resting b---hface (no joke, that post changed my life; I seriously thought it was just me) and only speak sarcasm.

The styling was a bit of a hit-and-miss situation. The use of ankara was fabulous, but I feel some of the extras required some extra TLC, particularly in the coach scene. The video's concept, directed by Tatenda Jamera, was cute though. At least it was different from the usual party-scene-in-a-warehouse concept we're so unbelievably used to seeing from the Afro music camp. I mean, at this point, that is all I could have asked for. So it's a thumbs up from me.

Check out Lola Rae and Iyanya's Fi Mi Le below via YouTube and let me know what you think.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig