Pages

  • Home

25.6.14

NEW VIDEO: FKA Twigs - Two Weeks

FKA Twigs -Two Weeks | Ses Rêveries

FKA Twigs pays homage rather brilliantly to the late Aaliyah in her Queen of the Damned-esque music video, Two Weeks.

Uber-mysterious British musician/dancer, Tahliah Barnett aka FKA Twigs was one of my favourite discoveries from 2013 along with Tae Miles. I don't know much else about her apart from the above which is really all I need to. Her music speaks volumes (have you heard Papi Pacify?)

Two Weeks is the first single off her album LP1 due to be released August 12. It starts off with her signature trip hop minimalism - and then it gets overwhelmingly amazing. Think of Kanye West's Power video but with extra bits Aaliyah and Barnett herself intricately laced into every single moving image. I think those who are familiar can probably tell it was directed by Iranian-American photographer/director, Nabil Elderkin - and I do not mean that in a bad "seen it all before" way. It's more like a "this is great; it's heavy, it's real but it's got that tinge of indie etherealism I know I've felt before... yup, it's Nabil" way.

Check out Two Weeks via YouTube below and let me know what you think.






Photo Source: RockFeedback.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig