Pages

  • Home

25.6.14

NEW VIDEO: IBK Spaceshipboi - Loving You


The cutest thing to happen in music this June comes courtesy of IBK Spaceshipboi and co-director, Jay Franklyn Jituboh.

Two words: the feeeeeeeels.

We've already discussed all versions of the song, one of singles from his debut album I Come in Peace, in the past so if you'd like to revisit it, simply click here and I'll beam you up over to the post. And it's decided: we're christening their 'ship, Ibukunmi... see what I did there? Now you have to click the link to find out what the hell I'm talking about, mwahaha. See, I learned a few blogging tricks in my absence from the blogosphere.

Now, let's get back to the video (at warp speed).

I literally just want to give them all a hug (not in front of the Klingons), because this was all kinds of adorable; very well done. It's original, it's appropriate, it's fun, it's simple but brilliant - it's Loving You... a single man's final frontier. I loved every bit of this, cheesing from start to finish.

Honestly, I wish IBK and his team would just leave Nigeria because clearly, the vast majority don't seem to appreciate them enough or give them due credit. And sadly, he isn't the only one - and it's not just in music either. Why (most) Nigerians choose to blatantly sleep on the oh-so-obviously talented among them yet shamelessly glorify the over-hyped, I will never ever understand.

How disappointing is it that brain drain is the most viable option for most, actually? But I digress.

Check out IBK Spaceshipboi's Loving You via YouTube below and let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure you'll find it... fascinating. And with regards to the Star Trek quotes: #SorryNotSorry. I simply couldn't resist the intergalactic bait this time.

Live long and prosper!





Photo Source: SoundCloud.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig