Pages

  • Home

22.7.14

NEW MUSIC: Tobias - Grim&Evil [Intro]

Tobias - Grim&Evil [Intro] | Ses Rêveries

This is pretty crazy.

After falling in love with his Blind Date intro on their Tumblr's music player, I was pretty bummed when Seni [Shane Chubbz] told me Creative Elevation's Tobias was taking some time off music. He returned about a month ago though, with the trippy Party which I could only share on Sound Cloud and Twitter because of the hiatus.

But ignoring the obvious trend with intros here, this couldn't be a more fitting first blog post, could it? I love it when things work out.

Tobias goes full-on demon-child with a voice changer over the mellow piano-driven production by Zurich native MelodiesInfonie. I won't lie, I read the title and immediately thought psychedelic Hip Hop/dancehall mash-up paying homage to everybody's favourite on the Grim & Evil show, Grim's Jamaican accent... but I suppose that would've been a bit too alternative - even for a CE member.

With a fitting not-of-this-world vibe, Grim&Evil features casual lyrical flexing in between dreamlike drawls that add to the disorienting effect. This is one of those tracks you'd send to a stoner to listen to under the influence. I imagine this would sound even crazier that way, but I'm the furthest thing from an expert so don't hold me to that. All in all, this a great way to whet our appetites in anticipation of his next project.

Check out Grim&Evil via Sound Cloud and let me know what you think.





In other news, I foolishly YouTubed old snippets of Grim & Evil just now. Nostalgia says a marathon is definitely in order. And Invader ZIM was in the Suggestions, so that's happening as well... My summer's looking pretty gewd, huh? Huh?


Photo source: SoundCloud.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig