Pages

  • Home

5.10.14

Life Lately: 40/52 (2014)

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

Fortieth week of the year, and this is what I got up to...

I'm going to be honest, I'm still warming up to the idea of Show & Tell so a lot of these will start off looking really similar, but bear with me. Soon, you will be reproaching my TMI syndrome.

29/09/14

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

After the first day of lectures, I went to the Student Lock-In with my new flatmate and her friends - and bought nothing. Seriously, 10 - 20% off is a joke. I really do not know what retailers are thinking, but they might as well not bother with the sale signs. They just aren't exciting anymore.

30/09/14

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

Pretty bog standard day. I spent the morning polishing my CV over breakfast before my one lecture of the day about employability. I then spent the rest of the day panicking about how inept and unemployable I am. Seriously, I should have accomplished something by now, surely. Founded a start-up; broken a world record for charity; received an MBE; something...

01/10/2014

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

It was Nigeria's Independence Day and my first day back on the blog. These H&M pants were the closest I thing I had to clothing with Dutch wax-looking print that was comfortable enough for Leeds Varsity... not that I ended up going. This is a perfect example of why I go everywhere alone.

02/10/2014

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

I only just remembered to take a picture for this photojournal on my way to a meeting. The location changed last minute so right after this, I basically legged it to the other side of town... Of course I got lost. I did discover something pretty darn cool on the way back though, which I'll be sharing soon!

03/10/2014

Haha... I forgot to take pictures because I had to give a presentation to an auditorium filled with first years on Friday. I was basically dreading it the entire morning before and cringing all day afterwards. I was coherent, at least, and refrained from making unnecessary/rude references like a fairly normal human being, so I'm not too bummed. But while the students kept quiet, paid attention and answered my questions - bless them - they looked nothing like the dewy-eyed children I'd imagined would be totally inspired by my speech, clamouring around my feet and throwing petals at me. Luckily nothing was thrown at me at all or things could've gone south so quickly.

04/10/2014

I had no time to take a picture as I had a thing that lasted way too long, after which I finalized and published the interview with The Contract - their first official one as a duo btw, I feel super honoured - which you can read here.

OK, I probably could have taken a photo but I only remembered when I got to my flat. As there was nothing of particular interest going on, this meant I would have had to start compositing shots which I really don't want to do for my photojournals. The rest of these were "I'd probably Snapchat this if I had Snapchat" or "crap, I need a photo today" photos, and that's how I want it to stay.

05/10/2014

Photojournal #1 | Ses Rêveries

As you can probably tell, I am really not impressed with the Abel Tesfaye thing my hair's got going on today. I had it in two (massive) corn rows earlier and this is what happened when I took them out for Wash Day - hence the steamed-up mirror (I apologize to the planet, but I like the sound of running water). Too many people have asked if I've "gone natural." This is clearly relaxed hair though...

Quick shout-out to the Americans: this is how to write dates correctly. Until 2005, I thought 9/11 was on the ninth of November. You people need to stop this.




All images by me. See the disclaimer for my image use policy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig