Pages

  • Home

12.10.14

Life Lately: 41/52 (2014)

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

Here's what I got up to this week...


06/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I hung out with the Backstage Society after lectures on Monday. We got to speak to the Lighting, Sound, Set Design and Stage Management crews before we had to pick a team to join for the night and help them with the Opera Society's improv session onstage to rehearse for their production of Carmen. I chose Stage Management, and we got to use the headset/cans (those are the sockets in the photo) to talk to the stagehands on the other side, and basically handed random stuff like swords or watering cans to the singers as they performed and watched them wonder what the hell they were supposed to do with them without breaking character. It was way too much fun.

07/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I got to spend like ten minutes at the Hotel Chocolat Roast & Conch menu tasting, essentially missing all of the food because one of my society's had an event on that I had to help run while the delicious free food was being served. Typical. The chocolate was lovely though, and the hosts, amazing. And the goodie bag... Don't get me started on the goodie bag. Chocolate heaven.

08/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I went to a fitness centre in Moortown on Wednesday. I got lost on the way (standard). It was a sign really, that it wasn't meant to be but the facilities were amazing and the indoor track nearly made me cry, it was so pretty!

09/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I really know how to clear a room, don't I?

No, I'm joking. I had to give another presentation in the morning so I got there super early so the freak-out could begin before everyone arrived.

10/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I realized I hadn't bought an actual magazine since March or so during my usual mid-week grocery haul, so I got two of the usuals. The local shop didn't stock ELLE UK but I promise, Anne Hathaway: I'm coming for you. Vanity Fair, my sister already copped you this month, so... I mean, I'm just thinking of the environment here. Please don't hate me.

11/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

I worked as a student ambassador at my university's Open Day today on Saturday. I had to man the Bioelectronics Research Group's Bionanotechnology stall again because none of the postgrads were available and I was the only one around who knew anything about it.

During the lulls however, when the students and their adorable parents - although one dad wasn't so adorable with his "a girl in engineering?" (#BishPlease) - were in the talks or on a tour, I got to play Minecraft for the first time. I could only build one castle and the foundation of one of ther servants' qaurters because it took me ages to even realize I was frigging drowning when I fell through one of the holes I made in the ground by mistake and couldn't see jack, and even longer to find a way out. 'Up and forward,' to those who were wondering... But it was totally more complicated than that in the moment...

I also got to test run one of my third-year friends' design project (I know! How he has a working prototype in Week 2 is beyond me). It was a portable EEG and we basically ascertained that my concentration levels are freakishly high and it is impossible for me to relax because that darned LED only went off when I was laughing at the fact that it wasn't going off even while I was chanting 'om' like an idiot in the middle of the foyer.

Meditation is a joke.

12/10/2014

Photojournal #2 | Ses Rêveries

No, I am not starring in the real-life version of What Lies Beneath. This picture is a long story, but I'm in Manchester for the day (yay) because it's Mo's birthday tomorrow. We went to a buffet (I K.O.-ed in the second round... pitiful; I'm so out of the buffet game) and to see the Maze Runner. Dylan 'Stiles' O'Brien was amazing! But he's been da bae for time.

Honestly though, Suji and Mo and I are not the people to go to the movies with if you're about that lowkey life. We caught a train from Oxford Road after the screening and got to Piccadilly with seven minutes to spare before our next one left, but Mo decided it was as good a time as any to take a detour into Sainsbury's. Four minutes later, on the platform...

Me: Yeah, she's not gonna make it.
Suji: Yes, she will. She's Alby.
Me: No, but seriously, she is not gonna make it. The engine's already running.
Suji: OK, I'll go get her.
Me: Bruh, I have the spare key, I am not going to wait for you.
Suji: [runs out to the concourse] Albyyy!
Me: [yells] Don't be stupid, Thomas!

It'll make sense once you watch the film... We're just that cool, you know?



So... how was your week?



All photos by me. See the disclaimer for my image use policy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig