Pages

  • Home

26.10.14

Life Lately: 43/52 (2014)

Photojournal #3 | Ses Rêveries

I laugh at myself. I laugh at myself and the fact that I actually thought I could commit to taking a picture good enough for my blog, every single day. Ha.

I apologize, guys. But I sincerely hate and despise my phone, and that makes it so much more difficult for me to even work up the urge to pick it up, take a picture and watch it not come out at all the way I wanted it to, every single time. It crushes the soul.

It is by HTC, so by default, I hate and despise them too these days.

See, the auto-focus keeps locking itself which is very irritating when you have clear focal point in mind but the camera clearly has other plans. You want to zoom? Pfft, you better climb that tree and get all up in the rabid squirrel's face, boo-boo, because if you thought the sharpness was bad before, you will just love what zooming in does. And don't get me started on the shutter speed; woe be unto you if your subject is moving.

It just generally has the worst response time. The memory on this phone is an absolute joke. If one is going to install memory-intensive apps onto a phone that cannot then be uninstalled by the customer later on, one should at least have the decency to give us enough RAM to, oh I don't know, install the apps we actually want. I keep having to uninstall and reinstall VSCO or Candy Crush whenever I'm not using them so my phone can work at a turtle's pace rather than a snail's.

I bought a 64GB micro SD; that is how frustrated I was. But of course the phone won't mount it for more than a few hours, constantly insisting the card's corrupt no matter how many times I format it - losing data in the process - like the phone watched the card do the nasty in church or something. I am not buying another. I have already cracked my screen twice now due to impatience-fuelled "accidents." The smashing is quickly losing its effect so I can see my actions escalating very soon.

I envy the iPhoners. Their gullibility and embarrassing affinity for commercial subjugation and "all things shiny" despite the obvious internal shortcomings aside, they do have things so much easier than I do right now.

And that upsets me so.

Ignorance really is bliss.

And if it isn't already obvious how done-with-life I am: I am wearing a onesie in the library, which is quite the trek from my house, for the second time this week...

Send help.

And another pack of Metcalfe's, please; I've only had three today... but it's one of the charity ones so I feel awesome on that front.

21/10/2014

Photojournal #3 | Ses Rêveries

Ugh. Just ugh... at least the focus worked.

23/10/2014

Photojournal #3 | Ses Rêveries

Mmm... Metcalfe's...

26/10/2014

Photojournal #3 | Ses Rêveries

In my defence, I'm ill.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig