Pages

  • Home

19.10.14

NEW MUSIC: Big K.R.I.T. - Cadillactica

Big K.R.I.T. - Cadillactica | Ses Rêveries

Last week, Big K.R.I.T. released the title track from his highly-anticipated second studio album, Cadillactica.

While the hook does lack a little bit of that je ne sais quoi, the Mississippi rapper keeps it southern and hard-hitting with that angry anthemic sound over mystical synths and a clattering bass. Wholly centred around the cultural reverence of the Cadillac - the Patek Philippe of America's Dirty South - Cadillactica is fuelled by symbolic imagery as K.R.I.T. explains the out-of-this-world effect his "glass house" has, both on him and the people around him. The stumbling, repetitive hook is disruptive but effective, like the purposeful revving of an engine.

All round, K.R.I.T.'s served up a dizzying, structured track that has gotten me even more excited for the album's release.

The Cadillactica album is due to be released November 11.





Photo credit: Def Jam
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig