Pages

  • Home

30.11.14

Life Lately: 48/52 (2014)

Photojournal #6 | Ses Rêveries

So... how was your Cyber Weekend? Go on, there is not judgment here.

I didn't buy anything, myself. I know. I swung by the shops to see all the pretty, pretty prices - and bought nothing. My Black Friday started on Wednesday in my inbox with wave after wave of newsletter countdowns and exclusive pre-sale sales. The shops I once loved collectively became that nightmarish clingy, desperate boyfriend who just won't stop begging for your affection. Needless to say, I got over it very quickly. Yes, prices may never be that low again for some time, but I just wasn't feeling it. I haven't been "feeling" a lot of things lately, to be fair.

Photojournal #6 | Ses Rêveries

I walked through town quite a bit this week though on my many treks to the station (and proceeded to take no photos from any of my trips, tut-tut). It is impossible to forget what time of year it is there. Decorations started going up in October - before Halloween even. My bitterness goes up about three thousand percent in the winter, so I haven't been particularly cheery unlike every single other person around me. But the twinkly lights and taunting jingles have just made the past few weeks even more difficult.

Photojournal #6 | Ses Rêveries

What was once an interesting, mildly cleansing exercise - going weeks without earphones (reasons why here, if you're in major procrastination mode) or a television (non-stop flurry of assessments meant nothing but YouTube videos) or a laptop (OK, this one was involuntary; short story: it kinda sorta caught fire for a little bit, tee-hee) - has slowly but surely turned into my idea of hell. I've decided it can't be a coincidence.

Photojournal #6 | Ses Rêveries

While I'm not a happy-go-lucky fireball in the warmer months either in all fairness, SAD is real, guys. I've lost quite a bit of momentum since my last journal entry, but I've been working on a few things here and there that have helped ease the funk a little. I've decided that, where applicable, publishing them on this blog is inevitable, but I'm still biding my time.

Photojournal #6 | Ses Rêveries

This last photo is a throwaway from a get-together I helped organize for one of my societies last week. As well as being reminded of just how socially inept I am, it was kind of fun being cooped up in a little house with about twenty other people talking about random society stuff over hot chocolate and biscuits. I was also on photographer duty* for the night, which was good fun!

I know I'm doing too much this year, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. When the alternative is the daily struggle to get out of bed, I find distractions can be good for you.


Facebook Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+ | Gallery


Photos by me. Please see the disclaimer for the blog's image use policy.


*I got a kick out of practicing taking candid photos, but I can't publish any of them here because that would require telling the people in them that my blog exists and that is just not going to happen. Yes, the vast majority of people in my networks still do not know about my baby, and that is how it is going to stay if I can help it. You can call it shame, lack of trust, fear of the personal intrusion - and you would be right as rain for all of the above. I might as well be a secret agent deep undercover. And if you're wondering about my Instagram and Twitter, most of them don't use social media outside of Facebook. And for those that do: never underestimate the power of hiding things in plain sight. I mean, why would they look at my bio? They already "know" me.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig