Pages

  • Home

6.11.14

Photo Diary: #BonfireNight 2014

Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries

Remember, remember the fifth of November...


I am (yes, quite blissfully) one of those people who does not have a firm grasp on the concept of Guy Fawkes Day. I know Fawkes tried to do something to his contemporary monarch - it was sometime in the 1600s but don't ask me who it was; I only know Emily Blunt Victoria and Jonathan Rhys Meyers Henry VIII - and failed miserably. How he failed, I'm not too sure. But I do know he was arrested because of it, and somehow he managed to commit suicide to avoid punishment... and now we celebrate him.

I should really Google this guy.

Anyway, here are some of the photos from Bonfire Night I shot that were a little too close to the action in terms of the lens' field of view (poor choice on my part but I'd never used a telephoto before; got a little excited), but not close enough in terms of physical distance - or heat. I could barely feel my fingers. I missed a lot of the fireworks because I simply could not press the shutter release. It was less than five degrees (Celsius, #SayNoToImperialUnits) but it might as well have been sub-zero temperatures.

What I would give to have been so close to that fire my clothes were burning... But the millions (OK, OK... hundreds of thousands) of people who turned before us were in the way. Seriously, I've never seen so many people in one place, moving in the same general direction - I felt like I was on some kind of pilgrimage. I may give next year's a miss. Or just buy gloves.

Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Bonfire Night | Ses Rêveries




All photos by me. See the disclaimer for my image use policy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig