Pages

  • Home

9.12.14

Classical: Mozart - Requiem Mass in D Minor

Mozart - Requiem Mass in D Minor | Ses Rêveries

In any movie based on my life, Mozart's Requiem Mass must make an appearance on the OST. Otherwise, just tell the director to scrap it because there is no point, really.

I remember the first time I heard about Mozart. It's not some glamorous story, I was ten, in class and green with envy. I thought his name was the most ridiculous thing in the world, so of course I loved it. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - and the gazillion of other middle names I later discovered? That was a king's name... and I wanted a king's name (the power-hungry start young, apparently). But it was when my Music Studies teacher mentioned that Mozart started composing music at the age of five, that spurred the love-hate relationship. The feeling of inadequacy was so strong. To top it off, he was born in January too.

I loved his genius but also hated his guts for it because he made the rest of us Capricorns look bad. So I wrote off learning an instrument, as a result - and no, the recorder does not count. I only started my piano lessons in 2011 because I didn't have anything else to do for the 'creative' part of my Duke of Edinburgh Gold that was as interesting. Of course we never got to Requiem Mass - the first of his compositions I ever listened to - or any of his works, but I did practice Minuet in F everyday for weeks when we were first starting out because it's my favourite from Notenbuch für Nannerl. I'd show it off to my teacher like I thought I was Leopold himself and then botch it at the end of the lesson so we could carry it over to the next lesson again #obsessedmuch.

So yeah, somebody let the next Scorcese know. I'm thinking we should adapt my life to the sixteenth century to give it a real cinematic twist... only, you know, without that contemporary racism. I'm not sure how kindly I'd take to being referred to as a moor. I reckon Malorie Blackman would get a kick out of helping out with the screenplay.



Painting by Johann Nepomuk della Croce; sourced from YouTube
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig