Pages

  • Home

11.1.15

How I Style: Golden Globes 2015

How I Style: Golden Globes 2015 | Ses Rêveries

The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards 2015, I've dreamt of this moment for several years...

... and sadly, it continues to remain a dream.

I have a love/hate relationship with awards season. On one hand, it's always great seeing how many of my predictions from cinema trips throughout the year were right, but on the other, I always find myself scouring the BFI website more frequently this time of year with renewed albeit false hope that I too will one day grace that stage and claim my award. I think every kid dreams of being an actor at some point, but I've yet to grow out of it still [sigh]. It's like when I get carried away with singing Beyonce songs, the only way to get over unrealistic dreams is to just get out there and flop colossally. But I simply lack the 'nads so I must live with the depressing consequences.

Anyway, in all these years that I have imagined and reimagined my red carpet banter with Giuliana Rancic and my acceptance speech, I've also completely nailed my awards-season red carpet style. Armed with that knowledge, I thought I'd try putting a Golden Globes look together for myself for no reason at all... Although, when you think of Amy Adams... I mean, you never know (I'm like a cat with a dangling ball of yarn smh).

Moving on, as much as I'd hate to clash the green tones with the red of the carpet - not-quite-so-fond memories of my secondary school's Christmas decorations come to mind - I immediately fell in love with this teal silk-chiffon Marchesa dress when I saw it on Moda Operandi a while back. And if Julianne Moore, Emma Stone and Jessica Chastain can get away with wearing green even with their stunning red hair, it mustn't be as bad a combo as I think. My general rule of thumb is just to avoid white, pink or similar bright colours until I get over my inherent fear of getting make-up all over myself (my hands and face can't get enough of each other).

The train on this gown is long enough to suit my Belle-of-the-ball dreams, without being too over the top, and while I do believe that with fairly broad shoulders like mine, a strapless dress would be a match made in heaven  (did I mention I've spent years thinking about this?), I much, much, much prefer its sister style, the off-shoulder.

I thought of highlighting the dress with silver accessories but those nude Steve Maddens were calling my name so I matched them with gold. Call me old-fashioned, but the thought of mixing silvers and golds makes me gasp like an eighteenth-century schoolgirl reading Fanny Hill. So the BCBG Max Azria clutch and Tiffany metal bead earrings came naturally, as did the metal choker by Anndra Neen - I'm a sucker for chokers and bare shoulders.

At the risk of sounding like A$AP Rocky, I have yet to find my perfect shade of red lipstick (L'Oreal Pure Reds, I'm coming for you) so I always make like la mia mamma and wear shades with hints of purple or brown in them, like this Tom Ford lipstick in bruised plum (yum!). Nude nails, natural eyes and visible lashes and, what do you know, I'm all-set to pull a Felicity Jones at the 2015 Golden Globes (there is no way she is walking away empty-handed. You go, Chalet Girl)! 

DETAILS

Marchesa Teal Silk-Chiffon Off-the-Shoulder Dress | Ses RêveriesSteve Madden Nude Suede Vampire Pumps | Ses RêveriesBCBG Max Azria Gold Metal Clutch | Ses RêveriesAnndra Neen Melted Gold Tone Choker | Ses RêveriesTiffany & Co. Gold Bead Earrings | Ses RêveriesBobbi Brown Cosmetics Matte Eyeshadow | Ses RêveriesTom Ford Beauty Lipstick in Bruised Plum | Ses RêveriesLancôme Grandiôse Mascara in Noir Mirifique | Ses RêveriesChristian Louboutin "The Nudes" Nail Polish | Ses Rêveries
(click the images)

You can follow me on Polyvore for more theoretical shopping sprees: thechaoticdreamer.polyvore.com

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig