Pages

  • Home

31.1.15

Life Lately: January 2015

Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries

Insufferable weather aside, my January was fantastic; filled with good food and small wins.

Like yesterday for example, I walked into what I thought was a restaurant but was actually a cocktail bar-type thing for the first time ever, and strolled right past security with no ID on me - winning! I didn't know they carded people at bars so I thought the guy at the door was just coming out for a cigarette or something. I'm assuming it was my legitimate look of complete nonchalance that allowed me to somehow saunter past security to a society get-together not long after a few other members of our little party had apparently been turned away at the door for not having ID or for wearing trainers (!!!). To top it all off, I was wearing my scruffy old Nikes too - win-ning!

I don't know if I should be impressed by my ninja skills or deeply saddened that I am not one of those people who grabs everyone's attention when they walk past like those girls in just about every teenage movie... Everyone inside stared though, albeit in a "they're just letting anyone in here these days" kind of way - but I'll take it!

Food-wise, I've kind of been on a roll! See, one of my flat mates, R cooks like a beast! Nearly everyday last semester, I was assaulted by scents and smells that made my tummy churn even while I was eating my own comparatively dull food. Chow-mein, chao fan, hoisin pork, noodles, all kinds of gorgeous-looking stir-fry, the student struggles apparently weren't enough for her to hold back on quality meals [bit of context: she's from Hong Kong and the dictionary itself lacks the words I require to show you just how much I love Chinese food, at least not with due respect].

So I decided to take a stand against R - who's a lovely girl btw; keeps to herself but she likes Maths so she's good people in my books - and kick my own cooking up a notch or two. And I was doing a pretty good job of it too with the pancakes and the Thai green curry and the chow-mein, but I messed up my streak this week when I decided to add "fiery" chili pesto to my ramen stir-fry. I'd seen it in the pesto brand's TV ad, which was I bought it in the first place, so I was getting pretty hyped when I stirred it into the mix. Good thing I only bought the one jar because just before I took my first bite, I remembered my dad telling me a few days before that pesto was actually some cheese-based I-don't-even-know-what-because-I-stopped-paying-attention-because-eww-cheese.

I hate cheese. If it isn't on a pizza covered in chopped meats over tomato or BBQ sauce, I will not ingest.

But I wasn't about to throw all that ramen away though, so let's just say my gag reflex got quite the workout that day. And I still have the leftover pesto to finish before it goes off #IjebuProblems.

You can find out about the rest of my January in the photos below. Hope yours was just as delightful!

Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries
Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries
Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries
Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries
Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries
Life Lately: January 2015 | Ses Rêveries



All photos by me unless credited otherwise in the collage. Please see the disclaimer for my image use policy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig