Pages

  • Home

27.6.15

Photo Diary: Loidis I

Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries

Read all about the holiday I went on and didn't tell you about!

Psyche, I didn't go anywhere. My Instagram feed however, has looked out the windows of Dubai's Burj Khalifa and wandered Europe's oldest royal palace in Barcelona as it seems everyone and their brother has taken to the humidity, salty air and sandy floors of some of the warmer - not to mention prettier - parts of the planet to recover from exam season.

What have I done?

I've gone and got myself an internship straight after exams* because I can't afford to go anywhere and also, I'm actually terribly unemployable and need to fix my life before I end up spending the rest of my post-graduation days living on my sister's couch.

These photos are me essentially trying to pull a Jamie Hawkesworth and fancy up this grimy melting pot of grit, gentrification and industrialism that I'm stuck in until August to one-up the peeps who've abandoned me for Cambodian days and Arabian nights.

This was originally supposed to be a 30-day photo challenge for June (didn't quite work out but maybe July... challenge accepted) but for now, the challenge is to present good old Leeds - a city well and truly torn between presenting itself as an urban municipality worthy of competing with the likes of Manchester and London, and retaining the quiet idyllic charm of Yorkshire - as my very own Istanbul.

Parts II and III - coming soon

Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries
Photo Diary: Loidis I | Ses Rêveries


Photography by me



*No, really, our introductory dinner was the evening of my last paper. I clearly forgot the line that comes after summer-summer-summertime...
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig