Pages

  • Home

9.6.15

Update: Subway & The Discovery Channel

Update: Subway & The Discovery Channel | Ses Rêveries

I've started and stopped so many that just when you think I've run out of new series to start on here, I hit you with not one but two new pilots... I'm the ABC Studios of the blogging world.

The Discovery Channel is pretty self-explanatory: I discover something, I share with you.

While I can say it will be similar to the Listen series I used to love (... why did I stop those again?), I have decided not to explicitly define the scope of that 'something' or how often I'll be writing about whatever they may be. Third year is going to be rough so I'm not going to make promises I can't keep anymore. I remember the days when my word used to mean something... Now it's all good intentions but no results. We'll just have to see how it goes with that one.

Now, if you've read this blog long enough, you'll know how fond I am of the whole blogger-to-reader disclosure thing. I somehow find a way to share tidbits about myself in just about every post, even the ones I intend to read more like articles (lol I know, what articles?). I mean, I should just go ahead and share my menstrual cycle on here for us all to keep track. I could have a little calendar in the side bar with red X's on the relevant dates (too much?). Anyway, major tangent. For clarity's sake, I will say that all submissions will be exempt from the discovery channel because I obviously didn't discover them, they were sent to me by indie cool cats and fancy PR people who somehow know who I am. I will however, start sharing all the music they send to my inbox or tweet at me again, but in a new series (#doublewhammy) aptly titled Subway because it's a pretty neat system - receive e-mail, read e-mail, listen, review - so getting these songs out to "the world" should take me no time at all, but somehow it does anyway.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's ever sent me a song or album. I know I haven't replied to most of them still, but I do appreciate your music and the fact that you even thought to send your tracks over. It goes without saying that music is incredibly important to me, so to have the artists who make it (and make it well, from what I've heard already going through my inbox) actually reach out and share it with me is a major privilege. I know how excited I get when people actually acknowledge my appreciation and support on Twitter, for example. Benny Benassi probably holds the title of having made me scream the loudest but I did get a favourite from Francesco Carrozzini once as well (I just about died). It's those little things that warm my heart like Hennessy on a hot Sunday, or so I've heard. So I'd like to acknowledge the people who respect my opinion enough to ask for my thoughts on their music, or simply have SesRevs on their marketing radar, by sharing each and every submission I haven't already.

It's a long and embarrassing list, so let's get crack-a-lackin', shall we?


Facebook Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Google+ | Gallery


Poster by me for Ses Rêveries
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig