Pages

  • Home

24.11.15

In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels

Traipsing through the Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert in search of the Grand Place...

In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries

In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
Hands down, the best part of travelling without an itinerary or checklist of must-sees are the happy accidents. Like putting a zoom lens on your camera that forces you to take several steps backwards, off the yellow brick road all signs say lead to one of the only two tourist-y landmarks you are aware of, into a gorgeous gallery with gorgeous marble finishing and an incredible skylight that you otherwise would have missed completely #winning
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
Of course this also means that until I return, I will be plagued by nightmares of all the other equally handsome places I ignorantly walked right past without a second glance because I figured, with my ridiculous choice of footwear, I needed to keep moving and find a waffle vendor* before dark/before my feet quit on me.
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
Everything in here screamed "I'm delicious, you want me, buy me"...
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
As a recovering shopaholic with very little room left in her bag and no room in her budget for additional luggage, it was the equivalent of walking through the valley of the shadow of death...
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
I'd definitely underestimated how much transportation would cost when I guesstimated how many Euros I'd need but fortunately, in every sense of the word, I still had enough for waffles and a few souvenirs for the siblings - and nothing else.
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
I'd never had macaroons before...
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
... and that holds true to this day haha.
In Transit - Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, Brussels | Ses Rêveries
They did look incredible though!


photography by me


*OK, maybe there was a checklist, but I'd decidedly remained a waffle virgin my entire life in anticipation of that very first trip to Belgium. I couldn't just leave without having at least one. Blasphemy.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig