Pages

  • Home

3.12.15

Checking In: Lisboa

Checking In: Lisboa | Ses Rêveries

It's been a minute since we touched down at Lisbon Portela - or about fifty thousand, but who's counting?

I know this trip is a bit random; it's about time I put the "insta" in my Instagram. I did tweet about it though... once... afterwards.

As modest as they are, I'm actually quite pleased with the miles I managed to cover this year. I practiced my French, picked up a bit of Portuguese, came back and didn't hesitate to put my "cultured" twat persona to good use by randomly punctuating my conversations with words and phrases in languages no one else understood so they would ask me what they meant and I could launch into yet another reverie about my many, many travels and how wise and knowledgeable and worldly I am...

I jest, of course. If the words "global citizen" ever escape my lips (...or fingers?) you have my permission to shoot me.

With procrastination being my middle name, I'd say I'm pretty well versed in escapism but I never realised just how much until I had enough money in my pocket, time to kill and food in my fridge to start looking at flights without inducing a panic attack.

This time around, I went with my sister Mo. I like to think I'm pretty high maintenance and that, being British, health and safety isn't so much a concern as it is a way of life. But clearly, none of this applies when it comes to travel. While I'm more than happy to go alone and camp, squat or couch-surf wherever, Mo is more of a hotel/Airbnb girl so this trip was a lot more organised; three days in Lisbon, a lovely flat to ourselves (that we absolutely plan on returning to, it was love at first WiFi connection), travel cards, the whole nine yards... This is probably one of the only occasions where it's clear who's older; well, this and her height. I really pulled the short straw on which parent I took after in that department (literally), even Suji's taller than me now so I keep having to reemphasize to people which way the three-year age gap stretches.

I didn't take as many photos as I thought I would because JARVIS* kept dying on me but I reckon I've still got enough to spill over quite a few posts so keep your eyes peeled for those in the coming weeks!

Until next time, kids.

Over and out.


photography by me



*There are apparently some new faces here (hey, hey, hey!) so to save you the hassle of going through my archives (and me, the sheer humiliation), JARVIS is my big-girl camera named after the A.I. in Iron Man.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig