Pages

  • Home

31.12.15

Playlist / December 2015

Playlist / December 2015 | Ses Rêveries

It's like I always say whenever my laptop freezes in the last few minutes before the deadline for submitting a piece of coursework, better late than never.

I'm not a fan of resolutions however I do enjoy making them so I can look back and laugh at how imaginative and overzealous I was a year ago ("get a gym membership? Aw, I'm so adorable!"). But I haven't got many for this new year. A few universally-known culprits have cropped up, but for once I actually plan on following through: taking much better care of myself, doing more in every sense and as I've already touched on here, generally living life like no one's watching.

Once again, I'm welcoming the new year at home in PJs but this time, the fireworks display on the BBC has been replaced with Afrobeats playing the background and about a million Tumblr tabs open on my laptop (yes, I am indeed one of those). However, like I've been chanting around the house to anyone who will listen for the past week, 2016 finna be lit. And tomorrow's only the beginning.

This month's playlist is fairly moody, kicking it off with a fairly celestial vibe from Willow Smith and the incredible Szjerdene (seriously, just rape her Sound Cloud and thank me later) before settling down into the new-wave sounds of a fairly new discovery of mine, THRILLERS. They're a Cali band (of course) reviving the funky sounds of the Eighties; their new EP Cotton Candy Kisses will be the perfect soundtrack to any fashion lover buying into the Eighties trend I predict will continue into Spring - hallelujah and amen to that because I'm loving every bit of it!

I've gotta run now, it's two minutes to midnight here and I fully intend on kissing my one true love when the clock strikes twelve: food.

Happy New Year, kids.



FEMALE ENERGY
Willow Smith

BLUE LULLABY
Szjerdene

HEARTBREAK 101
Bree Runway X Alista Marq

CANDIED DAYLIGHT
Jennah Bell

HOTLINE BLING
Will Singe

15
Wretch 32 X Avelino X Moelogo X Sneakbo

GOT THE FEELIN'
Slowz

DESIRE
Thrillers




[EDIT: Of course, it's always a good idea to actually embed the playlist into a post about said playlist. Sorry about that lol.]


Listen to this playlist on Sound Cloud here / Follow me on Sound Cloud here

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Ses Rêveries | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig